Donations to the KU EcoHawks are vital to the success of the project. There are two primary methods of donations, monetary and physical (gifts in kind). For monetary donations, they may be either mailed using a pre-addressed gift card and envelope, or submitted online via KU Endowment’s website. Physical donation procedures are more complicated. The following information details the procedures to follow to ensure a successful donation to the KU EcoHawks.
- KU Endowment (KUEA) is recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Donors may deduct contributions to KU Endowment as provided in Internal Revenue code section 170. Please contact a tax professional for further information.
- 100% of your donation is allocated to KU EcoHawks.
- Donations must be non-conditional, that is, there are no special rules or strings attached to the donations.
- KU EcoHawks will make every effort to put donor logos or names on the car, the website, T-shirts, and posters; however, we can make no promises.
- Information for company logos or personal names that will potentially appear on the car, website, T-shirts, and posters should be included as well.
Monetary Donation Steps
Option 1. ONLINE (Credit Card Only)
- Follow this address to KU Endowment’s secure donation website: http://www.kuendowment.org/depts/eng/ecohawks.
- Please enter KU EcoHawks – Department of Mechanical Engineering in the Special Instructions note box.
- Enter your credit card information and mailing address (this is where the receipt will be sent) when prompted, press continue when you have verified the information is correct.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email immediately, and after the credit card is processed, KU Endowment will mail a receipt.
Option 2. MAIL (Check or Credit Card)
- Complete the enclosed gift card, both checks and credit cards are accepted. If you do not have a gift card, please email (KUEcoHawks at ku dot edu). Further contact information can be found at the end of this page.
- Verify your address on the gift card is correct; this is where a receipt will be mailed.
- Mail the gift card in the return envelope provided.
- Once received, KU Endowment will mail a receipt.
Physical Donations (gifts in kind)
Please contact the team by email (KUEcoHawks at ku dot edu) if you wish to donate a physical item. Of note, the item must be in great working condition and be pertinent to the projects underway.
Donations to the EcoHawks will be processed by:
1891 Constant Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66047-3743
Ph: (785) 832-7400 or (800) 444-4201
Fx: (785) 832-7495
Gift Processing Department
PO Box 928
Lawrence, KS 66044-0928